[ENG] Behind the name of Wfanda

June 29, 2021


Hi readers, so I have a lot of requests to translate my blog into English for those who don't understand the Indonesian language. I shared a poll on Instagram at that time about this, and I got an enthusiastic response. And yeah this is... I hope you guys understand. Disclaimer, I'm not good at writing formal English, so you can tell me if there any mistakes 😁 You can check the link out for the Indonesian language 

Talk about names. Name is the identity of a person to introduce themselves. As well as my blog, I need an interesting name to be known and remembered.

So, why I chose the name Wfanda?

Ok!! a flashback to 2015. In the past, the name of this personal blog was Marshmallow-mallow. Very girly isn't it? Yes, I used to like girly things. Start from favorite colors to all-sweet food. In 2020, I changed the name of this personal blog to Wfanda. Wfanda isn't a title branding name. Wfanda is a collection of my names.

"A set of names? Do you have many names?"

Yup! I have 4 names that people around me are familiar with that. If you notice, it will be Wanda's name if the letter "F" is removed. Wanda is my first name. "F" from my middle name is Feni.

"Oh, that means "Wfanda" is a combination of the names Wanda and Feni, right?"

You could say yes, and you could say no. Remember, why I called it a collection of names? 

There are 2 more names that I haven't mentioned there are Fe and Fanda. There is a story behind it. I have 4 names, and they are still my nicknames. I feel an identity crisis when introducing myself to other people. Hahahahaha.

So, back when I was in Elementary School, I introduced myself as Feni. However, because my classmate named Feni like my name finally the teachers often mentioned my first name, is Wanda. Finally, in Elementary School, I was known by the name of Wanda. For Feni, is my calling when I'm at home. 

Then, when I was in Junior High School when I introduced myself as Feni, I found out that my friend Feni was also in the same school as me. For that, I used Wanda that remained until Senior High School. So why I didn't change my name to Feni in Senior High School? Because I met my seniors from Elementary School to Junior High school. To change the name to Feni was already impossible because many of my friends already called me Wanda at that time.

Continuing to College, at that time I had planned to continue using my name, Wanda. But again I met my new classmate named Wanda. This is why I introduce myself as Fe. Why not Feni? I remembered one of my Kindergarten teachers and some people call me Fe. She was one of my favorite teachers when I first joined education. And it was during my College days that people called me Fe. Why I don't use my name Wanda or Feni while another person has the same name as me in near me, because I don't want to confuse when people call that name at the same time, that is a fact the person who calls that name but they not call me.

There is one thing that is lacking, which is Fanda. This is my name that only a few people have called me by that name until now. What is the reason? I'm the only one who knows.
Well, because I'm a person who easily forgets the names of my social media, I equate all my social media IDs with the name Wfanda. So this is my blog. The reason is simple. People who know me well know that Wfanda is me. Unique sign. That's the name behind Wfanda's blog.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.